No one likes a dirty restroom. Whether it’s in your home or at your business, a dirty restroom is more than enough to drive people away. If you want to get your dirty restroom cleaned, you can hire professionals by searching for “cleaning services near me”. Let’s check out why having a restroom cleaning checklist is important and what should be included in that checklist:
- Reduces your trustworthiness – In your home or your place of business you want your guests or customers to feel satisfied and cleaning is a big part of the equation. If they see a dirty restroom, they develop low perceived cleanliness of your entire home and facility. This experience isn’t just limited to the time spent in the restroom. It extends throughout the dining experience and the time they spend in your business.
If you’re a homeowner who wants to throw a dinner party for friends and colleagues, you don’t want them to use a dirty restroom. A dirty restroom sends a bad message and forces your guests to think about the overall cleanliness of your home, especially the kitchen where the food that you are about to consume is made. The same holds for restaurants and fast-food joints. Your customers are more likely to blacklist your facility and discourage their acquaintances from visiting your place.
- Hurts your bottom line – This one is especially important for business owners. As mentioned above, a dirty restroom is not good for your business’ reputation and makes customers question the overall cleanliness of your facility. They won’t order more food if they think the kitchen is unclean and may even leave the place without giving you any business. However, that’s not the worst of it.
For small businesses, online reviews matter a lot. Even if your business is not one that feeds people, a dirty restroom is going to take away a couple of stars from your rating. This discourages new customers from visiting your place. Moreover, unhappy customers may take an official complaint to the FDA or other authorities. Inspections may be made, and you’ll be slapped with a hefty fine.
- Unhygienic – Let’s assume that you don’t invite people over to your home and your business doesn’t have any offline customers who physically visit your facility. Even then, you need to keep your restroom clean to keep everyone in your home or business healthy. Restrooms have more bacteria and germs than you may imagine, and a dirty restroom has several times more germs. It’s a health and safety risk to your family and your employees who may get sick. That means higher healthcare costs both as a homeowner and a business owner.
- Clean countertops and sinks – Let’s start with a clean restroom checklist so that you don’t have to suffer from the above-mentioned consequences. You need to start from the most frequently used part of your restroom, countertops, and sinks. They carry tons of bacteria and should be sprayed with strong and fragrant disinfectants to kill all germs. After that, you can wipe them down with a clean cloth or a damp paper towel.
- Clean mirrors – Mirrors are the easiest to get dirty and have a big effect on perceived cleanliness since smudges and stains on a mirror are easy to notice. Spray mirrors with a glass cleaner or some vinegar. Use a microfiber cloth to wipe it all off along with stains, smudges, and dirt build-up. Make sure to get all the dirt with a single swipe instead of making circular motions. Otherwise, you risk leaving streaks on the glass.
- Polish metal fixtures – Next on the checklist comes metal surfaces. Similar to glass, the shiny and smooth surface attracts stains, grime, and fingerprints. You can spray them with distilled water or a diluted alcoholic solution and then wipe them clean. After that use a clean cloth to polish them till they are absolutely dirt and mark-free and shiny.
- Disinfect baby-change tables – Almost all businesses have baby-change tables in the restrooms. This sport needs to be thoroughly cleaned so that parents feel comfortable and safe changing their child’s diapers on this surface. You need to keep them clean and also wipe them down with an antibacterial disinfectant every few hours to prevent the spread of germs.
- Clean urinals and replace urinal cakes – Smelly urinals encourage frowns both literally and metaphorically. Make sure to wipe down urinals with an antibacterial disinfectant and replace the urinal cakes that show signs of dissolving.
- Scrub and disinfect toilet seats – Toilet seats need to be scrubbed to remove any and all stains. After you’re done scrubbing them, make sure to wipe the toilet bowl both internally and externally with an anti-bacterial and anti-fungal disinfectant.
- Empty garbage and sanitary napkin bins and replace toilet paper – Overflowing garbage bins are never a prominent sign of uncleanliness. The same holds for sanitary napkin bins. When they overflow, they expose all the germs to the confined environment of the restroom. Empty them out periodically depending on the traffic to your business. Also, make sure to replace the toilet paper on time so that no one runs out of toilet paper at an important moment.
- Sweep and mop floors – You need to sweep the floors to remove dirt, debris, and other sediments and then thoroughly mop the floor to keep it clean and shiny. Make sure to put up a danger sign for the wet floor after you’re done cleaning it. You can remove it after the floors are completely dry.
- Wipe down stalls and walls – Dust and dirt can also gather on the walls and inside the stalls. Make sure to wipe them clean and scrub out stains if necessary.
As you can see, a dirty restroom isn’t just unsanitary, but unappealing as well. It gives off a bad impression and if you’re a business owner it can also hurt your bottom line. Follow the above-mentioned checklist to clean your restroom or get it professionally cleaned by searching for “cleaning services near me”.