If you face a situation where your water rises above your ankles, there are blocked drains in your bathroom. Blocked shower drains are messy and smelly. One of the common reasons for clogged drains is hair. Often hairs and soapy residues blend to form unbreakable clogs; that has the potential to block drains of shower basin and bathtubs. So to unblock drains, Molesey starts with the simple and safest solution. DIY is the safest solution for clogged gutters. Following these simple remedies, your drain will work like before.
Best Tools To Fix A Blocked Shower Drain
A few tools and household supplies can solve your problem. Firstly you need screwdrivers, a flashlight, a coat hanger, gloves, vinegar, baking soda, and a garbage bag. Moreover, for precautionary always keep a plunger and plumber snake at home. Lastly, if you cannot unblock drains, Molesey, add a commercial drain cleaner contact number.
Easy Steps To Fixed A Blocked Shower Drain
The first step is to check the actual condition of the clogged drain. Next, you need to remove the drain filter with the help of a screwdriver. Dip the stainer in the white vinegar to clean it. Now, with a torch, try to see the clogged shower drain. If you can locate the blocked area, insert a drain claw or plumber snake and follow these steps:
- Straightened out a wire hanger or take a claw
- Insert the wire or claw deep down the drain until it gets an obstacle
- Pull out the glut, and repeat the process until it’s cleaned.
- Lastly, run hot water to clean the drain.
If you have a plunger or plumber snake, you can use them to unblock the shower drains.
How To Use Plunger?
A toilet plunger can help to unclog the drains; it creates a force to pull out the clogs from the shower drains. You can follow these steps:
- Place the plunger on the opening of the drain
- You can add petroleum jelly to tighten the seal.
- The tub should have enough water to cover the plunger’s lipped rim.
- Push the plunger up with great force and down for a few minutes, it will create a suction, and the obstacles will push down the drain.
- Run a lot of hot water.
Fix The Blocked Drains Naturally
Remember the Lava bleaching science model in school, where volcanoes were activated by mixing baking soda and white vinegar? Here also, the same principle works; this chemical reaction travels down the drain pipes to clean the blocked pipes naturally.
The Steps Are:
- First, pour boiled water down the blocked drain.
- Add one cup of baking soda and one cup of vinegar down the pipe.
- Leave it for 15 minutes and finish it by flushing it with boiling water again.
These are simple remedies to unblock drains Molesey. There are more DIY methods to clean blocked drains. Always wear gloves to remove debris and hair. However, call a professional drain cleaner if you fail to unclog your shower drain.